Musings of a King in search of that which he lost

Friday, March 30, 2007

The Drive to Moab

First of all, Moab is a city in Utah. It's located just between Arches National Park and Canyonlands National Park. And it doesn't stand for "mother of all bombs." Its a biblical name, look it up if you care.

So I'm doing this drive and I realize that pictures just do not do this area justice. Its one thing to see some amazing close-ups of the place that are here but the thing that really makes the west spectacular is that you are surrounded by it. Even those panorama pictures just don't capture it. I was snowboarding yesterday at 8,000+ ft and today I'm in the "high desert" with vivid red rocks and typical cacti. So, yeah, I'm taking pictures, but they just don't to this place justice.

No comments: